The United New Testament Church, International is actively affirming and upholding the Biblical standard of a Mighty Priesthood of all Believers. The sacrificial death of Jesus Christ annulled the Aaronic priesthood, as we read in the Epistle to the Hebrews. As the perfect Son of God and High Priest, Jesus established a new covenant (Heb. 9:15-22) with better promises (Heb. 8:6) when he offered himself (Heb. 7:27) as the perfect victim once for all (Heb. 7:27) as our substitute (Heb. 7:27) and ransom (Heb. 9:15). By his death he took away our sins (Heb. 9:28), made us perfect (Heb. 10:14), obtained for us eternal redemption (Heb. 9:12), opened a new and living way in and through him to God’s throne of grace, and sat down at the right hand of God (Heb. 10:12). He now invites every believer (Heb. 9:14) to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus (Heb. 10:19) to offer continually spiritual sacrifices (Heb. 13:15, 16) as priests in Christ.
We as a “body” recognize the ordaining power of the call to service by Christ Jesus, for the Glory of the Father, through the urging of the Holy Spirit and stand ready to publicly testify and give witness to your specific anointing as an “Ordained Minister of the Christian Faith”.
The process for this is simple:
1) Complete the online Membership Application be sure to describe in detail your personal testimony and select the box indicating that you wish to be ordained. (if you are currently ordained by another body and seek transference, please check the box and say so in your testimony)
2) Participate fully in the phone interview that will be scheduled with a Board Member as a result of your Membership Application.
3) Establish some benevolence with the fellowship either by monthly giving or other participation to strengthen and serve the fellowship. (This will be explained further in your interview)
4) Establish a presence within the UNTCI website as a “Fellow” member and introduce yourself across the UNTCI social media outlets.
5) Submit to and keep current (kept on file at “home office”- good for three years) a background check provided by UNTCI, if your ministry activity will involve regular access to children. *mandatory for Ordained Clergy
6) Receive, review, agree with, and sign in testimony to agreement with The United New Testament Church, Int’s Code of Ethics and Ministerial Oath of Service.
Once these steps are completed, and you are determined to meet all of the requirements of ordination, you will receive:
- Ministerial Oath of Service (for Framing)
- Certificate of Ordination (for framing)
- Clergy ID Card
- Letter of “Good Standing”
- “Laying on of Hands” Ordination Ceremony (scheduled bi-annually or by appointment for special circumstances)
- “Full Fellowship” perks like full access to our website content and fellowship, opportunities for education, mission, and ministry support from “Home Office”.