September 18, 2017 Elkmont, Alabama (Home Office)
With Harvey and Irma now fading quickly from the majority’s collective memory, I feel it necessary at this point Brothers and Sisters to remind you that we have our own fellow ministries and ministers that were caught in the paths of destruction. I find it necessary also at this point Brothers and Sisters, to remind this Fellowship that we (UNTCI) can move and reach only as far as you are willing to take us.
Should those among us who have been stricken, not have hope in us who are their Brethren?
- “Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” (Romans 5:5) NKJV
Don’t WE as their Brothers and Sisters in Christ have an obligation to them? If not us, then who!?
- “By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.” (1 John 3:16) NKJV
The United New Testament Church, International is a world wide ministry with ministers and ministries like you and yours on most every continent. We should therefore be a “world reaching” ministry, capable of responding to the needs of recovery and outreach through and for at the least, our own ministries. In order for this to happen, we must first come together as the Ecclesia that Christ intended us to be and pour into our purpose (give). Then, we can pour out upon those in need, the means of Grace necessary for the world to see and know who we are in Christ and Who Christ is in the world.
- We have Churches with an Outreach Ministry completely destroyed in the Virgin Islands with UNTCI Ministers left with nothing.
- We have a Youth Services and Outreach Minister that has lost her entire home leaving her family of 5 with no where to live in Florida, yet she is seeking “normalcy” in returning to the ministry “for the needs of the children”.
- We have Street Ministries in the Greater Houston area that have been literally “Washed Away” yet those UNTCI ministers continue to minister as they attempt to find ways to administer help and assistance.
We pride ourselves in being independent and “unattached” to the mainline “baggage” that gets in the way all too often. But that Brothers and Sisters puts us in peril of being isolated in our ministries. The point of this ministry is to ensure against that in the promise to “step in” and “come along side” not only when necessary, but as part of our worshipful work and commitment to the ministry whole. It is in that very “Christian” way that Jesus himself established in the sending of His disciples, we are connected each to the other through this Fellowship of Christ; at the very least “two by two”!
Before we knew the full toll these storms, we knew there would be great need! We established a campaign almost immediately for all of us to “pour out our love” collectively upon those in need as response to Harvey. The campaign was extended for Irma response as well. Dear Brothers and Sisters, the response thus far leaves me having to ask again.
Let me therefore say this gently to every Brother and Sister, all over the world, “Your Fellow Ministers here in your midst are in desperate need of help.” “You must respond!”
Further, Brothers and Sisters your Ministry here remains in need, not only to better prepare for future responses, but simply to maintain the programs current and participate in opportunities to Serve Christ and Spread the Gospel through more ministries around the world and home.
Let UNTCI be known for the Love that is in our hearts, by the way we pour out that love upon the world!
GIVE NOW @ www.untci.org/giving-center
By His Grace,
Rev. Dr. C. Joseph Fifer, President
The United New Testament Church, Int. Assoc. LLC