~ Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
~ Bob Talbert
“Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.”
Christian Children Need A Place…
The issue here in Bondo, Kenya and many other villages and small communities throughout central and western Kenya is this:
- Islam is the influencing power gaining strength in these areas.
- Muslims therefore are more the majority of the employed and therefore, being lifted out of poverty to “upper” lower income brackets.
- Christians are finding themselves outside the reach of much of the government support which actually costs money to participate in.
- Christian Families cannot therefore afford the tuition to send their children to school on a regular basis.
- A large number of Christians families have been reduced to sending their children to school once in a while after they have saved up for a period.
- The children therefore, cannot pass the battery of tests the government requires to advance or receive their diploma.
- The result is a building population of under-educated poverty class of Christian Kenyans.
The Solution is simple and we have been working on it for years now, getting ready to bring it to reality – create an alternative school that breaks this cycle:
- Kenya allows alternative schools to be registered and operated provided they meet or exceed the standards established and produce children able to pass the standardized testing provided by the government.
- UNTCI Fellowship Kenya and Guildford Park Evangelical Christian Church (UNTCI Affiliate) along with TECU Distance Seminary (Kenya) are eager to support the operation of a school organized as a “Christian School” and operated as a “Co-Op Church School” with Rev. Fred Akello serving as Director.
- The name of this school being organized under the directorship of Rev. Akello will be “Trinity Preparatory Academy (Bondo)” and will be affiliated with our Seminary, Trinity Evangelical Christian University & Seminary, as was the previous Trinity Prep organized in Toney, Al. for administrative support and covering.
- Women of the churches involved have already volunteered to teach and a list has been developed with enough teachers willing to staff a full-time school effort that would include not only the secular subjects required, but subjects of Faith and Christology.
- A location for the physical church has been donated and agreed upon. It will be on the campus / compound of Guildford Park Evangelical Christian Church, a long-time Affiliate Ministry of UNTCI and active partner with UNTCI to this region.
Let’s Build Them A School!
It’s as simple as this…
Everything is done except for the building. Above are the pictures of how it will be done…
Now it’s your turn!
Let’s make this a reality in the name of Christ Jesus, and for the sake of His children who are suffering and being left behind because they know Him as Lord.
Select the “button” above. It will take you to our secure giving portal for a one time donation of any amount.
Every penny donated to this campaign will go to the building, supplying, and support of this Christian School “Trinity Preparatory Academy (Bondo)” a once in a lifetime opportunity for both us and the children.~ Rev. Dr. C. Joseph Fifer, Prelate